Fork me on GitHub

Today I published my first Visual Studio extension! :)

Lua Test Adapter and Framework

It was created because I’d recently been working on a World of Warcraft Addon, RareShare. As the addon currently has no UI (mostly just interacts with the World of Warcraft API), I decided to create a set of automated tests for it (as any self-respecting software developer would ;)). I quickly became annoyed by reading the output of lua.exe and then looking up test line numbers, so decided to investigate how hard it was to create a Visual Studio test adapter!

It actually turned out to be slightly more complicated than expected; so I’ll leave that for the next post. However, I did build it in a way that keeps the Lua-specific stuff out of the main assembly; such that it should be quite simple to add other types of external tests (eg. Python, Perl, JavaScript, whatever). I can’t promise I’ll get around to any of them; but I might take pull requests ;-)

You may also like Chromebook Comparison Chart, Drone Comparison Chart and how to easily split Amazon referrals between Amazon US and Amazon UK.

Don't forget to check out my kids on YouTube! Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) Review, GP Toys Luctan S912 RC Car Review, Syma X5HC-1 Drone/Quadcopter Review.